5.16.2011


Did you guys see this post by Fraufertig over at Made awhile back? As soon as I saw it I knew that I wanted to make it. My daughter, Alpha's, room is decorated in a somewhat mid-century modern type of way. As a result it has been really hard to find artwork for her nursery that is modern enough for the decor, but still young enough for a baby. I thought this was perfect. At about $3 total and maybe 2 hours of work I couldn't be happier.

Do you want to make one too? Click here for the tutorial.

p.s. if you decide to make one too here are a few hints - First make sure to use a dark thread. We started with red and it wasn't dark enough to really make out the letters. Secondly, most home improvement stores have a free wood pile by the cutting table. We found ours there for free.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, it looks like something I can definitely find a place for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Your thread art looks really really good.

    Greeting from overseas and congratulation to your different simplicity 2599 designs, too. They look awesome!
    fraufertig

    ReplyDelete